Monday, April 20

Marion's Memorial Garden

There was a lot of rain here last weekend but we just planted a garden so that is a good thing. Saturday we had a steady stream of visitors to see Marion's garden and help build our raised vegetable bed.
We have been surrounded by love and overwhelmed by the breadth of the community that has come to support us and we are so lucky to have such caring people in our lives.

Before:













In progress:





















Finished garden:















At the memorial:



6 comments:

  1. susansumner@att.netApril 21, 2009 at 12:45 AM

    I check your site often. I want to stay connected. Your garden is beautiful. What a loving tribute to a sweet little child whom we all came to know and love. May your garden grow and the love of your family and friends nurture you and the earth you have gently tilled. God bless you both and thank you for sharing your angel Marion with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful tribute to your daughter, indeed. I love that you put benches in the garden to sit and reflect, enjoy, relax...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful and touching garden. I'm sorry that we weren't able to be there for the memorial, but I hope to see it in person sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah & Jeff, Your garden looks beautiful. I hope one day we can visit and see it. Thank you for sharing everything with us through this site. love, Leigh & Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah and Jeff, I'm so glad that Marion helped show the world what strong, beautiful people you both are. Thank you for sharing her with us. Thank you for inviting me into her garden. It is so lovely and I am honored that you shared it with me. C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I send you a Marionberry bush for the yard?

    Huge hugs and lots of love,
    Nuri

    ReplyDelete