Sunday, May 10

Mother's Day

Today is mothers day and I had a beautiful baby girl and in my head, today was supposed to be a wonderful day of celebration. I do want to celebrate for my mom and Jeff's mom and my sister and sister in law who are all wonderful mothers. So many of our friends and extended family have become mothers and it is an amazing journey and we are so excited for them. But today can also really suck for people who have lost mothers or lost who made them a mother.

We went out for a canoe ride on Lady Bird lake and saw all sorts of wildlife (turtles, fish, a swan family with 3 little fuzzy swans, a raccoon and 3 swimming snakes!!!!! Yikes!!). We worked a bit in the garden, the vines are climbing and the Isabella rose is about to have 5 new blossoms and hopefully we can beat the birds and squirrels to our first few blackberries. In many ways it is a regular Sunday but there is just something missing that makes me ache, and makes me sad, and this is not how today was supposed to be.

3 comments:

  1. What a tough day. I'm so sorry. I'm glad that you saw the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. susansumnera@att.netMay 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM

    It's ok to be sad. You are not alone. We thought about you today and knew it was going to be rough. How could it not? Please know you are loved and our hearts reach out to you, our dear Marion's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent lots of prayers up for you on Mother's Day. There must be a very special place prepared in heaven for the mothers of angels.

    ReplyDelete