Thursday, February 26

Surgery?

Ok so maybe she is getting the new line today, she is not yet on the surgery roster for today so it may be tomorrow morning and then they would be able to use it right away for her chemo. There is always the possibility they can fit her in but we have not signed the forms and met with the ENT doctor to make sure that she can handle the intebation(spelling??) as we are not sure what kind of shape her little throat is in. So they are adding her platelets and blood and added a second line in her other hand so she is two fisting IV's right now.
As an aside, I am typing this from the family resource center at the hospital with a very nice library, free internets and coffee and snacks on Thursday mornings.
A note on the jaundice as she still seems off color to us, but she is a 3 on the scale and they do the light treatments and worry when people are at 11 to 15 so they are watching her levels but do not think she needs the light table.

6 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that the jaundice didn't look too bad in the recent picture. The rash looks like it's getting better. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I completely forgot to say the most important thing: the scheduling of "maybe this now, maybe later" must be completely maddening. But I'm sure that she'll do well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys and hope we get to meet everyone soon. I will find some little bitty girlie socks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah and Jeff,

    She's made so much progress already; what a trooper! I was sending your info around to my little prayer group of friends and one of them commented that with such positive and amazing parents, Marion's already a lucky little girl with a great start!

    Sending you guys lots of love!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the others- with your positivity and love, Marion's progress is bound to be fast and furious. Sending tons of love and getting cracking on the knitting of the baby stuff.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending thoughts and prayers of love to beautiful little miracle Marion, and her courageous parents. She looks like a feisty one to me. Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete