I'm tired of big words, they are even worse than four letter words.
It amuses me that I can now easily pronounce words like Lymphadenopathy (Swollen lymph nodes) - Hepatosplenomegaly (enlargement of liver and spleen) - Leukopenia (Low white blood cells) - Tachypnea (fast, light breathing) - Seborrhea (Scaly, flaky skin) and of course Langerhans cell histiocytosis
Although I guess there are some long words I like: Desafortunadamente (my favorite Spanish word to say), Bioflavinoid (My favorite ingredient to say), Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Rhythms (Longest word with no vowels), misconjugatedly (Longest word no repeated letters), Aegilops (Longest word in alphabetic order) and Spoonfeed (Longest word in reverse alphabetical order). But enough of my random useless facts.
Marion is doing fine today, she had a nice 1 month celebration. All her labs have come back this morning, and no result is worse than yesterday. She now weighs 6 lbs 8 oz. Her white blood cell count has held steady, and bilirubin is slowly decreasing. Blood C02 and acidity is down to just slightly above normal, and O2 content in the ventilator is just room air now.
or to put this in littler words
Girl OK now. 1 Mth past birth day (YAY). Today- Labs OK, but not good enough. More white blood is better, and less bad blood too!
Tuesday, March 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, here's wishing Marion monotonically increasingly good labs.
ReplyDeleteHmm. Now I'm thinking of puppies (different labs). I wish Marion ever increasingly good puppies, too.
I am on board with Rachel----
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for perfect puppies!!!
You inspired me to poke around on wikipedia. Wow! Lots of long words, the only one of which I can pronounce (or spell) is antidisestablishmentarianism. Many of the others listed were medical terms, including a lung disease caused by inhaling silica from erupting volcanoes.
ReplyDeleteYour knowledge of medical terminology is far more vast than it should be. I can't wait for the new words in your life to be ones that Marion is babbling to you. They'll be shorter, but might be harder to pronounce.
Kendra
I'm in agreement with the puppies idea! I don't know how much Ms. Maddy will agree with that, but what the heck.
ReplyDeleteHey Marion, I'm sending lots of good energy your way!