Thursday, March 19

Marion Isabella 02/16 - 03/19

Marion passed away quietly in her parents arms this evening. She had developed an infection, which with her weak immune system she was unable to fight off. We are devastated and broken. She was very well loved by many during her short time here.

70 comments:

  1. Dearest Sarah and Jeff,
    Marion Isabella Sumner was loved beyond belief.
    She has given us so much in her short time with us. What a couragous little girl she was. We will remember her always. She could not have asked for a better mommy and daddy. Please know that we are here for you. We love you dearly and feel your great loss.
    Sending all our love to help comfort you,
    Bruce and Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say beyond that other than thank you for sharing her with us. Love to you from us.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so sorry. I am thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking a moment of silence for Miss Marion and her brave parents. All three of you will always be loved.

    Nuri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is a prayer for sweet Marion.

    In Paradisum deducant te Angeli; in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres, et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Ierusalem, et æternam habeas requiem.

    May angels lead you into Paradise; may the martyrs receive you at your coming and lead you to the holy city of Jerusalem, and may you have eternal rest.

    Our most hearfelt sympathy,



    Pat and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry - I know that Marion brought so much love with her arrival. The heartbreak of her departure is beyond imagining. We're all crying for your loss. Thank you for sharing her with us.
    Love
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah and Jeff,
    Adina and I are so sorry! We were watching her progress intently and are so saddened hear this news. She will be deeply missed. We are thinking of you both.

    Jeremy and Adina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah and Jeff,

    I never met sweet Marion, and you don't know me, but I have been following this blog and been absolutely amazed at your strength and your daughter's strength. She was a very, very lucky girl to have experienced the absolute pure love of her mommy and daddy. My prayers are with you.

    Lisa (cousin of Sheila Eldred)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart breaks for you both. I only knew Marion through her blog, but cared for her very much and prayed for her healing every day. My prayer is that God will surround you both with His peace and comfort. Heaven just gained one very special, tiny angel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah and Jeff,
    There has not been a moment in the past month that you and Marion have not been on our minds and in our hearts, hopes, and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss but also truly believe that Marion was blessed to have had so much love and such amazingly strong parents.
    Love, Shelley and Andy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm so, so sorry. Marion had such a big impact on so many people while she was with us, and you two are the bravest parents I know (that I don't even know). Wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah and Jeff,

    I have followed Marion's blog with prayers love and admiration for all of you. My prayers continue with you through this difficult time.
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarah and Jeff,

    My heart is breaking for you. I have prayed and prayed. I have no words that will help. Just know that I will continue to pray for you - that you get what you need even though I have no idea what that is. Carolyn Counterman

    ReplyDelete
  14. i grieve with you both. i can't imagine how you feel, but my heart and thoughts are with you and with marion. lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for your family.

    Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Word are inadequate for times like these. I lift up my thoughts and prayers to bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I don't even know you, but a friend asked that I pray for you and your baby. I'm so sorry that she's gone, and I still pray for you both.
    May you have some comfort and know that you are loved, as is your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The grief we feel for you today is indescribable. We wrap our arms around you in a warm embrace for the times that lie ahead.
    Love always,
    Janna, John and Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah and Jeff,

    I am so sorry for your loss. You both are absolutely amazing and Marion was one lucky little lady to have you as her parents. All three of you were so brave. My heart just breaks for you. Know that pete and I are thinking of you and are here for you if you ever need us. We love you and we love Marion Isabella, thank you for sharing her with us.

    leslie and Pete

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loosing an infant is indescribably painful.

    You have my deepest sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sarah & Jeff,

    I am crying in my cubicle here at work...I am deeply sorry for your loss of Marion. She was a little sweetheart and fighter that Fernando and I were praying for often. Our hearts go out to you both and your families. I cannot imagine the loss you must be feeling. We can only hope that more research will be done on the cause of Langerhans' so that no others have to suffer.

    Big hugs to you both,
    Leigh & Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Let us know if there is anything you need. Love, Kathy, Jim, Tyler and Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  23. So upset to receive your word of Marion's passing, but am glad that her struggles are over and she may rest in peace. I know the hurt you are feeling, but also realize that God gave us the ability to proceed with our lives. To continue to enjoy our lives without forgetting Marion. Love, Gramps

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rachel just told me that Marion passed away. I'm so very sorry.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sarah and Jeff,

    We are aching for you with your loss of your precious daughter. I don't know why you only had this short time together, but what a precious gift you shared with so many. We will continue to pray for you and your family and hope you can find some peace knowing she is in God's arms.
    Love, Todd, Carolyn and Emma Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry for you both. Thank you for taking the time everyday to blog, so that all of us that could not be there to share and help could get to know Marion. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Love Polly and Karl

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sarah and Jeff,

    I am so sorry for your loss. May God give you continued strength to get you both through this difficult and painful period.

    ReplyDelete
  28. "The Heart Has It's Own Memory, Like The Mind,
    And In It Are Enshrined Precious Keepsakes...
    Into Which Is Wrought The Givers Loving Thoughts."
    ~H.W. Longfellow~

    God bless you and your memories of Marion.
    janna shoe

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sarah and Jeff,
    I can't express the sadness we are all feeling for you at the loss of your sweet girl. A thousand hugs, sent on wings of love, to you both.
    Misty, Herman, Natalie, and Leif

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sarah and Jeff,

    I know there is nothing I can say to ease the pain you are feeling right now. You are both amazing people and I have nothing to offer but my love and utter admiration for the courage that you and Marion Isabella have shown over the last few weeks. My thoughts and prayers are with you now, as they have been since the day Marion was born. Wishing you peace as you mourn her loss.

    All my love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  31. P.S. A great big THANK YOU for sharing her with us through your blog. You are both heroes.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  32. Chers Jeff et Sarah,

    Je suis navrée de lire la nouvelle. Que vos larmes soient un jour sechées et que vos souvenirs de la petite Marion grandissent et soudent votre famille.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  33. My heart broke when I read Beth's email, I hate this for you. I am praying for God to sustain you and lavish His sweet peace on you and your families.

    Alicia (WCT)

    ReplyDelete
  34. "I'm really sad about Baby Marion."

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for inspiring so many people through writing about Marion. We love you --
    Sheila, Eric, Wes & Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so sorry to hear about this. Sarah and I were really pulling for her and we are grieving for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am so sorry to hear your loss. Little Marion is in heaven in God's protection and with angels and there is no suffering. You both are in our prayers. Mubarika

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Sarah and Jeff - I have been sitting in my cubicle shedding tears for you all. But you will see Marion again one day - you know I know whereof I speak! In the meantime, I hope you will find strength in each others' arms and that you will find peace in your hearts.
    Please call if there's anything I can do, or if you want to take a trip to Virginia to get away. I will send a regular email with my new phone numbers. Love, Linda H.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dear Sarah and Jeff,
    I'm so sorry, I've been following Marion's story and was so hopeful for you all. Thank you for sharing your courage.
    Rachel's mom

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dear Sarah and Jeff,

    I am so, so sorry to hear about Marion's passing. She was a beautiful baby girl, and I wish you could have spent more time with her. Thank you so much for sharing her pictures and her story with us. If you need anything -- anything at ALL -- please let us know. We love you and are here for you if you need us.

    Sending you all our love,
    Molly, Joe & Makela

    ReplyDelete
  41. Dear Sarah and Jeff,

    Thank you for sharing Marion's incredible story.

    May peace and love surround you in this difficult time.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sarah and Jeff,

    I am so sorry to hear this. Like everyone, I thank you for sharing Marion's story with us, and I am sending thoughts and love your way.
    Diana (Weedsan)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Sarah and Jeff,

    My heart goes out to you. If you need anything, please, let Brooke and me know. Take care of each other and know that you have friends who will do anything for you.

    With love,
    Ernest

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dear Sarah and Jeff,
    I cannot imagine what you have endured in the last month and what pain you must be in now. My thoughts are with you as I wish you some semblance of peace and continued wonderful memories of this special little girl as you grieve. She was clearly very loved, as are you.
    Fondly,
    Jill Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  45. Words cannot convey the sorrow and emptyness that has touched so many by Marion's passing. Thank you for sharing your story and Marion's with us all and know you are being thought of during this time. I truely admire all your strength and courage and wish you peace and love. With sincere and deepest sympathy, Jennifer Brown

    ReplyDelete
  46. Jeff and Sarah,

    I was speechless and heart broken when I heard the news from Beth. Both of you are the bravest parents that I have ever known.

    Marion is in a better place now. The precious little one fought real hard and will always be remembered.

    Love,
    Srini

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Sarah and Jeff,
    I feel deep sadness for your loss. I hold you and beautiful Marion in my heart with love. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Sarah and Jeff,

    We grieve for you in your loss. I've followed your postings and have been thinking of you every day. The positive thoughts will continue your way. Take care of yourselves.

    Susan & Robert

    ReplyDelete
  49. Jeff and Sarah,

    This past month has been hard on you. You have showed each other your strength, love for each other, and your respect for each other. You are a family unit such as none that I have seen by going through this together. Thank you for sharing yourself and sweet Marion with us all. I believe you have made all of us stronger by your strength, your love and your respect.
    Joel and Marjie Fields

    ReplyDelete
  50. We are so deeply sorry for your loss. Marion was lucky to have such loving parents. Take care of each other.
    Our deepest sympathies,
    The Randolph's

    ReplyDelete
  51. Jeff and Sarah,
    There are no words... I would check Marion's blog each day and tell Cayden how she was doing. We felt like we knew her and will miss her immensely. Denney and I are both so proud of you for being such loving and brave parents -- she is so loved. We are all so sorry for your great loss.
    Love,
    Carly, Denney & Cayden

    ReplyDelete
  52. Sarah & Jeff,

    I have no words except that I'm so sorry. Matt and I have been checking the blog daily and you both have all of our love.

    Vanessa & Matt

    ReplyDelete
  53. Jeff and Sarah,

    I just heard about your news and words cannot express how my heart aches for you and your loss. My thoughts are with the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Sarah and Jeff,

    We were devastated with the news about Marion. Though she was with us for a very short time, she has had a profound impact on all of our lives and will never be forgotten. We will continue to pray that God will comfort you both through this difficult time. We love you.

    John and Sabra

    ReplyDelete
  55. Jeff and Sarah,

    We are so sorry to hear the news of Marion. Thank you for telling and sharing her story, and allowing her to touch all of our lives. We will hold the lovely and courageous maiden Marion Isabella in our minds and hearts.

    With love,
    Amy Ruf & Ted Apotria

    ReplyDelete
  56. Sarah and Jeff,

    We have read Marion's blog this past month and have been uplifted by the love and courage you all have demonstrated.
    You will be in our prayers.
    Linda and Tom Cloud (Jennifer Cloud King's parents)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Jeff and Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear that Marion did not make it. You are all three in our prayers and my heart flows out to you. Please don't hesitate if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Sarah and Jeff:

    We are so sorry to hear of Marion's passing. She was very lucky to have such wonderful parents as you both. You can see and feel the love for each other. Sending you our love and prayers.

    Ann & Bob Mosier

    ReplyDelete
  59. Sarah and Jeff,
    Tom and I were so sad to hear of Marion's death after such a hard struggle to live. Her sweet face will be in your mind and hearts forever.
    With great sympathy,
    Kathy and Tom Lord

    ReplyDelete
  60. Sarah and Jeff;

    Jen and I are deeply saddened by your loss. We are so sorry.

    Our hearts and thoughts go out to you.

    Jake and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  61. Dear Jeff and Sarah - Our hearts go out to you and all of the family. We know Marion's the newest angel in Heaven, resting in the arms of God and her great grandmother. She is loved by many and always will be.
    Love and peace,
    Aunt Pam and Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
  62. Dear Jeff, can only try to imagine how sad you are, all the efforts that you did to help little Marion. Marion had such loving parents in her short stay with us.
    Please receive a big hug and wish you both serenity and love
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete
  63. Anne-Claire and I are so sorry. We're thinking about you both.
    Courage

    Nicolas, Anne-Claire, Arthur et Baptiste

    ReplyDelete
  64. Tiny Marion came into our hearts and will never fly away. and now she is the one who take care of you , Sarah and Jeff. Tous les jours nous avons partagé votre vie et celle de Marion. Je vous embrasse et pense à vous.
    Dominique du Lac , Nicolas Castets' mom

    ReplyDelete
  65. Dear Jeff and Sarah,

    She touched so many lives in her short time on earth. We love her for her strength, courage and light she shared with us all. Our hearts go out to you now and always, she will be a light we each carry with us forever.

    Your friends,
    Hans, Heather and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  66. Dear Sarah and Jeff,

    I am so sorry for your loss. I learned of Marion's passing from Shayla and have been thinking of you all ever since. Thank you for telling her story in your blog.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Carol Shay (Delta Gamma)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hi My name is Tammy Zimmermann and my 8 yo daughter has SS Multibone LCH. I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your precious baby girl. I had been following her progres for a few weeks now and was so saddened to hear that she passed away. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers as we all pray for a cure for this disease!!
    Lovingly
    Tammy, Mark, and Bri'anna Zimmermann
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/princessbreezie
    also find more info on this disease at histio.org

    ReplyDelete
  68. We are so heartbroken to hear about your sweet girl. Our son has been battling LCH since February 2004 and we can only imagine how difficult these days are for you. Please know we are thinking of you and praying for you to find strength and comfort when you need them most.

    Pam, Tom, Devin, & Patrick, LCH warrior
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/pjs

    ReplyDelete
  69. Dear Jeff & Sarah,

    We are so sorry for your immense loss and keep you in our thoughts.

    Nina & Philip

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi, Jeff and Sarah

    We are so sorry to hear about your loss.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Darshana and Rajesh Gore

    ReplyDelete